Monday, May 13, 2013

Lecturas y Futbol!

Our presentation on LAN Airlines went pretty well, and so did the rest of the presentations. Professor James was surprised by how much we knew, but he still taught us a lot of new information about each of the five companies. We also got to discuss the protests for education reform with Professor James. Earlier in the week I asked Marcello, Daniella and Valeria what they thought about the protests and their opinions were similar to Professor James'. They said that the education system is very unfair and needs to be changed; however, Professor James said that people protesting want a 100% free education but he believes that that is very unlikely to happen.

We thanked and said goodbye to Professor James, then headed back to the hotel to change our clothes because we were going to be playing a game of futbol with the Chilean students. But before our futbol match, we stopped at the mall for lunch. I was slightly surprised to see a lot of the same fast food restaurants in the food court in this Chilean mall. I knew that fast food restaurants were a universal thing, but I didn't actually wrap my head around that until I saw the Burger King and Subway at the food court.

After inhaling a guacamole Wopper from Burger King, we walked to these little soccer fields across the street. Playing futbol with the Chileans was a lot of fun, and they were all very good futbol players! You can definitely see how much the sport is a part of their lives by the way they play. Every one of the Chilean students have played futbol for all of their life. I thought that we kept up pretty well with the Chileans (not me specifically but many of the other American students), but the Chileans might have been taking it easy on us too.

Tomorrow we're visiting the last three companies: Centauros, Hela and Bosques del Mauco. I'm excited for these company visits because I know very little about the mushroom, canned foods and tool producing industries. I should have plenty to write about tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment