Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Bittersweet Ending

Today is officially the last day we will be in Chile. It is definitely a bittersweet ending.

My main aspiration for this trip was to learn and experience the customs of a different culture, and I feel like my experiences here have definitely exceeded my initial expectations.

I am going to miss eating my daily empanada and sipping on a piscola every night at the bar. What I am going to miss most of all are the great friends I have made here in Chile. It's amazing how people from miles away and from different cultures can develop such friendships like the ones we have made here. During my research for the pre-departure paper, I read many things about the Chilean people, and they really are everything that I have read: warm, loving, happy, friendly, generous and welcoming people. So to all of you: I hope that one day I get to see you again and I wish you the very best future!









I will say ciao to you for now, Chile, but this definitely won't be the last time you see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment